2.13.2010

daily

Practice makes you better at things. We learn this when we're little and continue to use it all our lives. Sometimes it's annoying, because we'd rather just instantly know how to do something. Like science, for instance. I hate science. My brain does not get science. My brain gets language and arts, but it does not work in a way that understands science. I wish that my brain just automatically understood science so when I had to take science credits in college I could've a) done better in those classes, and b) not had to have worked so hard to not even do that great. But if it's something you like to do, something you love, practice can make you love it even more.

I want to be a photographer. I want to take visually interesting pictures. I want to be a good business person, I want to work well with my clients, but I also always want to be getting better as a photographer. So, for the next year, and hopefully longer, I am going to take a picture every day. And to hold myself accountable, I'm going to post that daily picture on my blog and on facebook. Of people, of inanimate objects, of things that make me happy, in situations that challenge me -- just every single day. Some days I'm sure they'll be boring pictures, because some days I don't have the time to go outside of my home to shoot. But I hope that they won't all be boring. And I hope that by the end of these 365 days I'll be able to tell how much I've grown.

So, to start things off, here's a picture from my backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment