Planes make me want to write. I think it's because I do all sorts of things that involve very very small amounts of brain power on days with lots of traveling, and I'm trapped in a seat and can't move to exercise -- so I write. It uses my brain and at least lets me move my hand.
Sometimes on planes I write out these great realizations about my life. Possibly because I finally have time to think and give my brain a break from usual work and school stuff because I'm going on vacation.
However, the only realization I've come to on this trip is that I actually can eat a banana. I've never been able to. Seriously. Banana bread I love -- banana nut muffins -- ohhhh yummy. But every time I tried to eat just a plain banana I'd gag. Wasn't going to happen. And yes, I am aware of the many, many innuendos that could be attached to my banana issue. Trust me, my friends have covered them all.
But today, I ate one. We got one with out breakfasts on the plane. And I figured I may as well try it, because I was hungry and it was there. So I chopped it up and mixed it in with my cereal, and it was yummy.
So this trip, my profound realization is that bananas are actually good.
You know what this means, right? Next up -- banana walnut cupcakes. Yes please!
It seriously might be my favorite show. Glee or Bones, two that aren't even comparable. It's happy. They sing pretty. It brings me back to high school and makes me loooooove it.
Waffles with yogurt:
Yummy new breakfast food I discovered. I'm just a little bit in love with all different kinds of Special K, but when I was little I loved Eggo waffles. So I'm channeling back to my younger days and trying whole wheat waffles with vanilla yogurt and berries instead of regular waffles slathered with butter. Not quite as good as the original, but still so, so good.
Martha Stewart online:
Do you KNOW how many recipes this woman has on her website?! I cannot wait to try some of them out!
Oh how I love them! My legs can breathe and see the sun and I feel girly and cute and like I'm doing something more exciting than just going to school. I love them.
Getting ready to go on vacation. I love the vacation, but goodness is there a lot of prep beforehand. Finishing homework early, taking a quiz early, photoshopping like crazy to get images to people early so they're not late...plus making sure not to skip a workout because of the beach I'm about to be on. Very time consuming, but it'll be so worth it!
I'm feeling sentimental today. Must be Mother's Day coming up.
- blogs. Oh how I love them! I seriously look at them every day. They're full of inspiration visually, and lately these two (Promise Tangeman and Sarah Rhoads) have been inspiring with their words as well.
- cool button board. I want to make one! Where does a person buy buttons like that anyway? On facebook they have that virtual button board and I want a real one with all real buttons on it now. How cool and a way to show all sorts of things you love!
- Bones. Soooo glad the three nights in a row of American Idol are over, because it means Bones is back on! The previews showed all sorts of hints about what lies ahead for the characters, I can't wait to see how it unfolds!
- Easter. We don't do eggs for Easter. I think I've dyed them once in my whole life. No thank you. Instead, I'll make cupcakes. With big flowers on them! But, what's important...thanks Jesus, for dying for me.
- iced coffee. I love it now that it's warm out! For some reason the same exact ingredients taste altogether different when they're cold.
- tuna. Yeyyyy! Now that lent is over, people will stop their ridiculous obsession with #3s and #15s at Jimmy Johns...our tuna sandwiches. Which means there will be less squeezing of tuna and smelling that strong tuna smell when I walk into work. This brings me great joy!