3.18.2010

three

"Two people are better than one...if one falls down, the other can help him up. But it is bad for the person who is alone and falls, because no one is there to help." -- Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

So, so true. That's another thing that I forget, I kind of forget how much it matters that I have this huge support group. I have some of the best friends in the world and a family I can run home to whenever I need to. Not just my parents, but my grandparents, my aunts and uncles. There's rarely a time where I couldn't just stop by for a bit.

People give you a way to sort out your thoughts. I can write and write and write and think I have every thought in my head figured out, and then I'll say it out loud to someone and realize four hundred things I think differently about than I thought I did.

You learn it most when you struggle. When everything is fine, you forget how important other people are. When your thoughts are happy, you don't remember how much the people in your life can help you be happy again when you're sad. But we are made to need other people, and to fit perfectly with them. And from those relationships and from knowing God, we can find joy no matter what our circumstances.

How incredible is God for creating such a thing as friendship?

No comments:

Post a Comment