3.07.2010

drug

Barnes and Noble is one of my favorite places in the whole world. The smell of the books combined with a coffeehouse is like a drug to me.

I walked in today to use my gift card from Christmas, and I smiled to myself the instant I walked in the door. There were people everywhere, something I don't normally like, but they were immersing themselves in books or magazines, or buying a coffee before settling into a booth. An older guy was sitting in one of the cozy chairs with a book in his lap...and his eyes closed with his head tossed to the side. It's the type of store you feel comfortable enough to fall asleep in. Pausing and listening to the conversation insures you'll hear a variety of things all centered around the love of books.

I think I may have to start going there to study.

No comments:

Post a Comment