7.01.2009

countryusa

I was out of commission the last week while I was at CountryUSA. Talk about a crazy summer week filled with no sleep and lots of concerts and screaming! It was so fun, and so exhausting.

Some of the headliners included Montgomery Gentry, Dierks Bentley, and Brad Paisley...all of them putting on excellent shows. I really do love country music. Taylor Swift was a headliner too...but honestly not that great. Her songs are more hang-out-with-your-girlfriends type songs...and I was with as many guys as girls. She made a valiant effort, it just didn't do it for me.

My favorite group was Lady Antebellum...they weren't a headliner but I know every single one of their songs and am kind of a little bit in love with them. I always enjoy groups just a little itty bit more than solo singers because I get lost in the harmonies. That's the choir geek in me.

When I got home my mom asked me if I still think I'm compatible with my sweet boyfriend after spending a whole week with him, and I was happy to report that I totally still think so. I think I could be around him forever and not get sick of him. We work well around each other...I had school work I needed to get done, he had Russian to study...we were with each other but we both knew we had other things to attend to. I need that...someone who needs my constant attention will wind up with attention from my fist.

...okay, so not really, but it'd drive me nuts. It was nice to realize that we do really get along quite famously even when we're ridiculously overtired and cranky. I mean, I'm sure that won't always be the case, but at least, for the most part, we're 'compatible'. Such discoveries make me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment