6.29.2010

chops



I made pork chops for lunch today. Another Cooking Light magazine recipe. My dad really likes pork chops but I've never been much of a pork chop person. They're fine, but I'd rather have chicken. However, the monotony of chicken has been getting to me a little bit lately. So when I saw this recipe for Grilled Pork Chops with Two Melon Salsa, I thought, ooo. Pork Chops. And melon. Summery. Yummy. Let's try it.

One of the things they suggest in the recipe is switching up the fruits and using any, instead of just watermelon and honeydew. I don't really care for honeydew, so I used pineapple instead. It turned out really good. It's spicy though, decently hot, so if you don't like hot you might want to forgo the jalapeno and lessen the chili powder.


Salsa:
1 cup chopped seedless watermelon
1 cup chopped pineapple
3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/8 teaspoon salt

Pork chops:
2 teaspoons canola oil
1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 (4 ounce) boneless center-cut pork chops, trimmed

1- To prepare salsa, combine salsa ingredients, set aside.
2- To prepare pork chops, heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Combine oil, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and ground pepper in a small bowl. Rub oil mixture over both sides of port chops. Coat a pan with cooking spray. Add pork to pan; cook four minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
3- Serve with salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment