6.29.2010

beverage




Yesterday I was cutting up my watermelon for the salsa I made today, and my roommate asked me if we could make the watermelon-strawberry drink I had mentioned a week or two ago when she went strawberry picking and came back with more strawberries than she knew what to do with. I had extra watermelon, she bought some strawberries, I bike to the grocery store and got some fresh ginger -- and tonight we had yummy drinks.

They go like this:
Simmer 1/2 cup water with 1/4 cup sugar until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and add six or so thin slices of fresh ginger and two mint sprigs. Let sit for 10 minutes, then strain into a blender. Add 2 cups watermelon, 2 cups strawberries, and puree. Then pour over ice, toss in a pretty straw, and drink up! It only makes enough for two though -- if you want more, double up!

No comments:

Post a Comment