1.31.2010

antebellum




Lady Antebellum put out a new CD on Monday! Just in time for me to have some new tunes for second semester. Which is turning out to be a life saver, because I have an hour and a half break twice on Tuesdays and Thursdays during which I haven't had much to do yet without homework. I'm sure that'll change later in the semester, but meanwhile I'm thankful for my iPod and the entertainment it provides. I'm really really loving the internet feature, so great to be able to check things out online without having to lug my laptop around with me all the time.

But back to Lady A. I love these guys. They're soulful country and so, so good. Favorite songs on their new cd:


1)
American Honey :: a song about growing up "on the side of the road, where the church bells ring and strong love grows", and all the things that life brings when you grow up in a small town and wanting more than that small town. All the changes when you move from the slow paced world to a city, and how a lot of people miss the simplicity of a small town and wind up back there.

2)
Something 'Bout a Woman :: typical country song about the guy loving every little thing about the girl. When she's wearing pajamas when no makeup on. But really, does that ever get old? It's sweet, and the harmonies are super tight.

3)
If I Knew Then :: kind of about how not knowing everything is a good thing. Goes back over a relationship and all the possible mistakes they made, but wondering if they were mistakes or if it was supposed to happen that way. "If I knew then what I know now would I fall in love?" -- sometimes not knowing what you're doing is what makes things fall into place the way they're supposed to.


Also, fun tidbit. This is an exceptionally tall group. Charles Kelley is the tallest at 6'6", Hillary Scott is in the 6'1" range plus heels, and then Dave Haywood is a normally tall guy, around 6'2", 6'3". Poor guy looks like a shrimp compared to Hillary and Charles though!

No comments:

Post a Comment