12.06.2009

all

I love the song You Are My All In All. I always have. It's simple. Everyone's heard it a hundred times. But the words are so good.

You are my strength when I am weak, You are the treasure that I seek, You are my all in all.
Seeking You as a precious jewel, Lord to give up I'd be a fool, You are my all in all.
Taking my sin, my cross, my shame, rising again I bless Your name, You are my all in all.
When I am down You pick me up, when I am dry You fill my cup, You are my all in all.

At Christmastime, I'm finding, "You are the treasure that I seek" to be all that more important. It's so easy to get caught up in searching for the perfect gift to get someone and thinking about what you might get for Christmas. It's fun and okay to be excited about making people happy with the things that you get for them, and it's even okay to be happy about gifts you're given. But above all, the most important treasure we should be searching for this season is the reason there's a season at all.

How incredible is the gift of friendship that we've been given in Jesus -- the one who more than fulfills every definition of the word friend? I'm continually thankful for that friendship that gives reason to every joy in my life, supports me when I am weak, forgives me every sin, guides me through every trouble -- and is my all in all.

No comments:

Post a Comment