6.13.2009

kansas

So, I went to Kansas with Jilane. Surprise! It was for a mini photography seminar called a Family Circle, and it was amazing. I learned lots. And saw Andrea and Lisa, my friends from the last seminar, who I love dearly. We got all excited and hugged each other like crazy.

It was through an organization called SPA, Senior Portrait Artists. I like seniors, but I really think what I like best is weddings. Usually whatever venue of photography I’m around is the one I like best at that time…but this time, even though I was surrounded by portrait work, I kept pulling everything back to weddings. We did some cool model, high fashion stuff though too that was fun.

I came up with all these ideas for a wedding business. I’m so thankful for these seminars and all I learn before I’m even in business. I feel like it’ll prevent me from making so many mistakes, even though I’m sure I’ll make tons of them as is. But seriously, how many 20 year olds have a fairly detailed business plan? And know how successful other businesses like theirs have been and what’s worked and what hasn’t worked for them? It’s just such a blessing to have this knowledge that gives me confidence that isn’t blind when it comes to starting a business.


I had this realization that I feel like I could be really happy being a 2nd shooter forever and a sales person. When we learned about sales this week, I like that stuff. I like learning about that and I have lots of ideas, and even though I’ve never sold I feel like I’d really like it. And again, even though I don't know a lot of this, I have learned a lot about it to at least have an idea of what I'm talking about.

So many changes still to come in my life...we'll see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment