5.13.2010

lecture



I read books on my vacation. I'm a huge bookworm, so I appreciate the time vacations give me to sit and enjoy a book. The first book I read on my Jamaican vacation was called The Last Lecture, by Randy Pausch.

Incredible, incredible nonfiction book. About a man who signed up to do a lecture at the college he taught at called a "last lecture" -- where professors were instructed to speak as though they were giving the last lecture they'd ever give on earth. A few months after he signed up, he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He got up on that stage for his lecture knowing he was going to die, and what he chose to do and say was powerful. Plus, he's hilarious.
So if you're looking for something good to read -- The Last Lecture comes highly recommended.

I came up with an idea for my advertising project while reading this book -- more on that later -- but I just think it's so cool how inspiration for one thing can come from something completely and totally unrelated.

No comments:

Post a Comment